I asked Chat GPT for 2023 SEO Trends and the results are spot on!
February 13, 2023
As a business owner and business coach, a LOT (and I mean a lot) of my time is spent staying up to date on marketing trends and my bread and butter is SEO and organic search. I’m not much for social media, but I see great ROI with organic traffic! I wanted to get updated 2023 SEO data and decided to try the ever controversial Chat GPT. I was pleasantly surprised to get this:
Let’s break down the 20 tips it gave:
Core Web Vitals: Website performance and user experience are becoming increasingly important for SEO. Google has introduced Core Web Vitals, which are metrics for measuring the loading speed, interactivity, and visual stability of a website.
– Your site should load and respond fast and be easy to navigate. Slow websites can be caused by having too many things embedded on the page (like videos and 3rd party apps), images being too large (always use web-sized images online), and cheap hosting services.
Voice Search Optimization: Voice search is becoming more popular, and optimizing your content for voice search queries can give you a competitive edge.
– If you can, optimize your site with a search bar and write your content as if someone asked ‘What do you do?’.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning: AI and machine learning algorithms are playing a bigger role in search engines. Companies should use machine learning to create content that’s optimized for search engines and users.
– This means making sure your headers answer search queries like “NC Wedding Videographer” instead of “Make your say sparkle”.
Featured Snippets: Optimizing your content to appear as a featured snippet can lead to increased visibility and traffic.
– Draw your readers eye to what you want them to see!
Mobile-First Indexing: Mobile-first indexing is becoming more important as more users are using mobile devices to access the internet. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and has a responsive design.
– Your web host or design platform should offer responsive design for mobile. My favorites are ShowIt and SquareSpace.
Video Content: Video content is becoming more popular and is an effective way to reach and engage with your target audience.
– Depending on your web hosting service, you may be able to load video directly to your site or embed videos form YouTube or Vimeo. Also, try replacing static images with GIFs for that added video element!
Local SEO: Local SEO is becoming more important as search engines are focusing on providing results that are relevant to the user’s location.
– If you can, add your address or location to your site so if someone searches ‘Videographer near me’ you pop up!
Schema Markup: Schema markup helps search engines understand the context of your content, which can improve your search engine ranking and visibility.
Content Quality: High-quality, relevant, and useful content is more important than ever.
– Content like this 😉
Link Building: Building high-quality links to your website is still an important ranking factor.
– Link your shoots to other vendors, create sharable content, and get featured across the web to improve your link-building!
User Intent: Understanding user intent and creating content that meets their needs can improve your search engine visibility and rankings.
– Think like a consumer: What would they search to find you? What do they want to see to hire you?
Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity is becoming more important as search engines are looking for websites that are secure and protect their users’ data.
– Make sure your website has an https:// (vs. http://) at the beginning of the web address! Your web hsot should offer this.
Social Signals: Social signals, such as shares and likes, can have a positive impact on your search engine rankings.
– Think of SEO like a spider web, you entire online presence is all connected! Link your social channels to your website for ultimate indexing.
User Experience (UX): UX is becoming more important as search engines are focusing on providing results that are relevant and useful to users.
– Make sure your website is readable, searchable, and easy to use.
Site Architecture: A well-structured and organized website can help search engines understand your content and improve your search engine visibility.
– Again, make sure your website is readable, searchable, and easy to use.
Load Speed: Page load speed is an important ranking factor, and websites that load faster will rank higher in search results.
– There’s lots of factors in load speed, but the ones that can really slow it down are images, videos, and 3rd party apps and embeds. Make sure you’re staying up to date on current optimization trends
Content Freshness: Regularly updating your website with fresh and relevant content can improve your search engine rankings.
– Writing blogs like this, blogging your current and past projects, or just writing down simple life updates are all ways to keep your content ‘fresh’!
E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness): E-A-T is a quality rating factor that was introduced by Google to evaluate the quality of websites.
– If people look at your website and think it’s sketchy, they will bounce! Bouncing is not good for your SEO ranking. You want people to stay on your site and hopefully follow through on your CTA’s.
Structured Data: Structured data is a way to provide search engines with information about your website, which can improve your search engine visibility.
– Structured data is (in part) filling out the information about your webpages. Your web host will usually have a ‘description’ tag somewhere on the back end of your website. Fill this out with relevant information about what’s on that webpage.
Multilingual and International SEO: Multilingual and international SEO is becoming more important as the internet becomes more global.
– This may or may not be applicable to you depending on where you work and who you serve. Be sure to research your web host to see what kind of language accessibility they offer.